For a large institutional website, the demands to get content onto the site come in thick and fast. A ‘content drop box’ would allow colleagues to post content to be added to the site.
The fields are fairly obvious… it should:
- Record who the colleague is
- Ask who the owner of the content is – full details
- Ask who the intended audience is. Any restrictions?
- Ask where it should go – URLs please!
- Link to policies where appropriate (if they want content on the homepage, does it fit?)
- Ensure that a start date and a finish date are recorded
- Ask for priority? (even though no one would say not urgent).
- Allow Word docs (and other files) to be added to the request
- Convert those Word docs automatically into HTML!! (in an ideal world).
- Ask whether the content needs to be referred to from other places or highlighted in some way
- Store all requests in a tracking database, and alert the team or the person on duty that a new task has arrived.